Having a website is like having a cellphone, without one it’s hard to live your life, let alone successfully run a business. However, in an age where 90 percent of consumers read online reviews before deciding to use a company’s products or services, and 93 percent never look beyond the first page of search engine results, a website must do more than simply exist. In order to attract consumers, build brand loyalty, and grow your business, your website needs to have a few key attributes.
4 Must-Have Plumbing Website Features
Almost every home or office will have to call a plumber at least once a year. To find the best plumber, the majority of consumers will turn to a quick Internet search. Upon visiting a website the consumer will decide in less than nine seconds if they want to learn more or visit a different site. When first impressions mean getting the call for a new job or watching your competitors take all of the new clients, it’s vital that your plumbing website works for you, not against you. If you want your website to be more than a URL, then you’ll need to use the following four features to attract customers and build your business.
- Clearly listed services. — New customers are typically calling about specific services. As such, your website needs to provide a bulleted list of your services along with a brief description and a linked contact us call to action. By listing your services and a small description you can optimize each page for certain keywords. For example, under the Residential Services page you might discuss clogged drains, frozen pipes, sewer system repairs, water lines, sump pumps, and plumbing maintenance. Remember that 93 percent of consumers won’t look past the first page of search engine results, which means that the right keywords and SEO best practicesneed to be used if you want to reach the top results.
- Links to products. — Does your plumbing company use certain products? Does your team specialize in working with certain brands? If you answered yes to these questions, then you need to include descriptions and links to these products or brands. A customer wouldn’t take their Porsche to a mechanic who specializes in Hondas, so why would they use a plumber who doesn’t specialize in repairing their Miele, G.E., Wolf, Samsung, Maytag, etc.? In addition to mentioning your team’s specialties you should also let customers know that your plumbing company only uses the highest quality tools and materials, such as those provided by WHEELER-REX.
- A blog with helpful articles. — It’s not enough to simply state that your plumbing company is “the best,” or “incredibly knowledgeable,” or “dedicated to high quality work,” instead, you must show these attributes. A blog is a great way to establish your status as an industry expert. Whether you want to discuss the dangers of DIY plumbing on leaky pipes or create an infographic that showcases the warning signs of a faulty furnace, a blog is a great way to show future customers that your team is truly the number one choice.
- The right mobile friendly layout. — Over 60 percent of online searches are conducted from smartphones or tablet devices. Simply put, your website is working against you if it is not mobile friendly. To make your website mobile friendly, make sure that the content is easy to read, paragraphs are written in manageable sizes, graphics and photos load quickly, embedded links are easy to find, and contact information is prominently displayed. When people are on-the-go they don’t want to spend precious minutes searching for information. Instead, they want to open your site, see that you offer the desired residential or commercial plumbing services, and click on an embedded contact us phone link to call to make an appointment.
Make Your Plumbing Website More Than A Page On The Screen
A plumbing website doesn’t have to be filled with fancy graphics to be effective. It doesn’t have to contain pages of information to be informative. Instead, if you want your website to work for you, then it needs to clearly list your services with an appropriate call to action, include links to high quality products, feature a blog with useful (and up-to-date) articles, and be mobile friendly. Through these four features you can increase the effectiveness of your plumbing website as you look to find new customers, increase brand loyalty, and successfully grow your business.
In the old days, contractors would often build their businesses solely through word of mouth referrals. These referrals would come from existing clients who would point their friends and family towards the Yellow Pages, where the contractor’s contact information and maybe a quarter page ad would be listed. To further aid business growth, contractors would also use billboards or lawn signs to advertise their in-progress and completed projects. As the days progressed, the lawn signs and billboards saw the addition of websites, social media pages, and online reviews. Together, all of these tactics form crucial components of any contractor’s marketing efforts. However, in today’s world, if you want to grow your business, then you need to remember the importance of SEO.
Digital Marketing Is Only As Good As The SEO It Implements
Did you know that your digital marketing efforts are in vain if you aren’t reaching the right audience? Did you also know, that you can only reach the right audiences through SEO best practices? Before you panic about your lack of SEO, take a deep breath and remember that SEO can and should be easy to implement thanks to the following tips.
- Keywords Are Your Basis. — Just as every house has the ideal type of foundation for its surroundings, so too does every SEO campaign need a solid foundation. Keywords are going to be this foundation. From your website to your social media posts, keywords will help you achieve better rankings, which in turn will place your contracting business in front of a wider audience. Through audience and industry research you can discover what keyword terms should be naturally included within your content. For example, let’s say that you are general contractor in Aiken, South Carolina. As such, the home page of your website should include the phrase, “Aiken, South Carolina general contractor.” Conversely you might design an SEO friendly social media campaign that leverages local hashtags to attract additional business. For example, you might use #generalcontractor or #Aikenrenovations.
- Local SEO Is Always Needed. — Unless you own a contracting business that has subsidiaries throughout the country, you want to make sure that your digital marketing efforts always have a local SEO component. If you do own a contracting business with subsidiaries throughout the country, then you will need to make sure that each location has a local SEO component. Enjoying the benefits of local SEO starts with claiming your Google My Business page. If you want to appear on GoogleMaps, then you will need to claim your free Google My Business listing. Once you have claimed your listing, you can build out your profile and add relevant details, such as: hours of operation, address, photos, service information, your website URL, and phone number. Additionally, your page will now be eligible for Google reviews, which will further increase your search engine ranking and place you in front of potential new clients.
- Use SEO To Solidify Your Status As An Industry Expert. — Contractors often face fierce competition; as such, you need to find a way to stand out from the crowd. Fortunately, the right SEO strategy can help you reach new customers, while simultaneously showing the attributes of your business. Through inbound links you can increase the authority and relevance of your website pages. Pages that have more authority will typically receive higher rankings for their optimized search terms. Through blog posts that feature before and after home renovations, or providing insightful tips that include inbound links from your equipment and tool partnerships, you can use SEO to your business advantage.
SEO Increases Digital Marketing ROI
The moral of the story is simple, if you want to increase the ROI of your digital marketing efforts, then you need to embrace both local and national SEO best practices. Through SEO you can reach your target audiences, increase your search engine ranking, establish your company as an industry expert, and successfully grow your business. Finally, with the help of SEO you can connect all of your digital marketing efforts to maximize your ROI across all campaigns. From social media posts to email blasts, your website pages to your blog posts, SEO is the common thread that will boost your digital marketing efforts, so that your contracting business can continue to thrive.
Welcome to WHEELER-REX’s News and Events page- your source for WHEELER-REX news and specials in real time!
WHEELER-REX offers a complete line of pipe tools for the piping professional. But here’s what really sets WHEELER-REX apart from other makers of tools. We know it’s more than just a tool. It’s your livelihood. It’s your reputation. It’s your mortgage. It’s your daughter’s dance lessons. You need tools as serious about your work as you are. You need WHEELER-REX tools.
In 1988, Wheeler became part of the Rex Industries family. Rex Industries produces the highest quality and largest variety of pipe threading machines in the world. Rex has developed advanced threader features such as oiling through the die head, auto-open die heads, notch-type quick adjustments, and ball detent die location. The well-known Rex quality is backed up by the best warranty in the business.
WHEELER-REX products are sold exclusively through our extensive network of authorized distributors and service centers. To find your nearest location, contact 800-321-7950 or complete and submit our contact form for a fast response.
Simply put, WHEELER-REX makes the hardest working pipe tools. Period.